Tasty Lemony Chicken Francese Recipe
This recipe is a classic Italian-American dish for your kitchen table. Chicken Francese is a favorite dish for a good reason it tastes delicious! Tender chicken breast that is dipped in egg and flour, creating a perfect coating to soak up the buttery lemon goodness. The chicken is served alongside a romaine salad tossed in a Caesar-style dressing with crunchy croutons. But if you would like to take this dish up to another level here are 3 side dishes that go great with this meal.
3 side dishes that go well with this lemon chicken francese:
Pearl Couscous With Leeks and Peas: Everyone live a good side dish, this couscous dish with leeks and peas is a great refreshing side dish that will go great with lemon chicken francese recipe. The main ingredients are pearl or Israeli couscous, fresh lemon juice olive oil, frozen green peas, leeks, Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Salt & Vinegar Grilled Potato Wedges: There is nothing better than a good frech fry, this is a nice twist to the original potato wedges. A little salt and vinegar and you have a tangy side. All you need is russet potatoes, distilled white vinegar, salt, olive oil, coarse sea salt and chopped chives for garnish if desired.
Cucumber Salad with Feta and Mint: Fresh crisp cucumber salad is a great side for any summer outing. This recipe is simple and healthy and the feta adds a little extra sharpness that will give you the flavor you desire. Plus a low fat vinaigrette and you have yourself a great dish. All you need is olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, cucumber fresh mint and feta cheese crumbled.
Lemony Chicken Francese with Caesar Salad & Homemade Croutons
- box grater or microplane
- meat mallet (or heavy skillet)
- medium skillet
- ¾ oz Parmesan 3
- garlic use 1 large clove
- 1 lemon
- 1 pkt Dijon mustard
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 1 pkt chicken broth concentrate
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1 oz mayonnaise
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & ground pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large egg
- all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Make dressing: Preheat oven to 425ºF with a rack in the center position. Finely grate Parmesan into a large bow. Peel and grate ½ teaspoon garlic into the same bowl. Juice lemon. Whisk in 1½ tablespoons lemon juice (reserve remaining juice for step 5). Whisk in Dijon, mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season to taste with salt and several grinds of pepper.
- Make croutons: Cut ciabatta into 1-inch pieces. Spread in a single layer on a piece of foil, and bake on center oven rack until toasted, 6–8 minutes (watch closely).
- Prep chicken: Beat 1 large egg in a shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper. In a second shallow bowl, combine ½ cup flour and ½ teaspoon salt. Pat chicken dry. Using a meat mallet or heavy skillet, pound chicken to ¼-inch thickness; season all over with salt and pepper.
- Coat & cook chicken: Dip chicken in egg mixture, then press into the flour, tapping off excess. In a medium skillet heat ⅛ inch oil over medium-high. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 4–5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make sauce: Whisk ½ cup water, reserved lemon juice, broth concentrate, and 1 tablespoon butter into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Finish salad & serve: Cut romaine crosswise into 1-inch pieces, discarding ends. Add romaine and croutons to the bowl with dressing, and toss well to combine. Add chicken back to the skillet, turning to coat with sauce, which will thicken slightly. Transfer to plates, spoon sauce on top, and serve salad alongside.
Egg (1), Wheat (2), Milk (3), Soy (4).
May contain traces of other allergens.
Packaged in a facility that packages
gluten containing products. Nutrition per serving
Calories 770kcal, Fat 35.0g, Proteins
52.0g, Carbs 60.0g