Everyone live a good side dish, this couscous dish with leeks and peas is a great refreshing side dish that will go great with any BBQ.
Pearl Couscous With Leeks and Peas
Everyone live a good side dish, this couscous dish with leeks and peas is a great refreshing side dish
- 1 1/2 c. pearl or Israeli couscous
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 leeks white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 c. frozen green peas thawed
- 1/3 c. toasted pine nuts
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- Cook couscous per package directions; drain and transfer to a bowl. Stir in lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Add leek mixture, pine nuts, and radishes to couscous and stir to combine.