The number one cocktail in american according to the Nielsen rating company is the Margarita.
Many bars and restaurants choose to use an artificial sour mix as the base, I personally love using this version. The finale thing you need to consider for the perfect Margarita is do you want it Up or on the rocks? And Salt or no alt? I prefer the Margaritas on the rocks but I encourage you to explore your own personal taste.
How to make the perfect Margarita
If you would like a salted rim, the first step is to moisten the outside of the rim of your glass with a lime wedge.
Next dip the glass into a dish filled with salt. The salt rim layer should be very thin and only on the outside of the glass. To be classy and nice to your guest, coat only half the glass with salt to give the drinker a choice, unless a salt rim was requested.
Shake for 15 seconds, and then strain into your prepared chilled glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with the lime wheel and you have the perfect Margarita. Enjoy
- Old fashioned glass
- amargarita glass
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce tripple sec
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- lime wheel
- sea salt or kosher salt
- If a salted rim is desired, the first step is to moisten theoutside of the rim of your glass with a lime wedge.
- Dipthe glass into a dish filled with salt. The salt rim layershould be very thin and only on the outside of theglass. If you decide on a salt rim, coat only half theglass with salt to give the drinker a choice, unless a saltrim was requested.
- Set the glass aside. Fill the shakerhalfway with ice and add the tequila, lime juice, triplesec, and simple syrup
- Shake for 15 seconds, then straininto a chilled glass if serving up or into a double oldfashioned glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with the limewheel.