Gnocchi with Kale and Ricotta and 3 fun cooking tips for a healthy meal
We are going to keep it simple with these dishes. This is a true Italian cuisine a perfect example of that beautiful simplicity. Tender potato gnocchi and hearty Tuscan kale are sautéed with bright, tangy lemon juice and then finished with creamy ricotta and crispy, Parmesan breadcrumbs. And to make this dish even more special we have 3 cooking tips to put your meal over the edge.
3 fun cooking tips for a healthy meal
When you have a savory dish needs a little extra, try squeezing a little lemon instead of using salt. A hit of citrus can make the whole recipe come to life.
Soak bitter greens, like arugula or kale, take a large bowl of ice water was put in the fridge for about an hour to cut the bitterness. Run the leaves through your salad spinner several times than pat it down with a paper towel to get them nice and dry and crisp.
To make a creamy pasta sauce that doesn’t require a ton of butter or cheese, add a room-temperature beaten egg with the hot pasta and a little of the boiling pasta water and stir like crazy (the heat should kill any bacteria)
Potato Gnocchi and Kale with Ricotta & Cheesy Breadcrumbs
- medium pot
- microplane or grater
- large skillet
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- garlic use 2 large cloves
- 3 ⁄4 oz Parmesan 2
- 1 lemon
- 1 ⁄2 oz panko 1 3
- 1 ⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper use 1⁄8 tsp
- 1 container ricotta 2
- kosher salt & ground pepper
- olive oil
- Cook gnocchi: Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and stir until water returns to a boil. Cook until tender and they all float to the top, 3–4 minutes. Reserve ½ cup cooking water, then drain and return gnocchi to the pot.
- Prep ingredients: Meanwhile, strip kale leaves from stems, tear into bite-size pieces (discard stems). Peel and thinly slice 2 large cloves garlic. Finely grate Parmesan. Finely grate lemon zest and combine with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Make breadcrumbs: In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add breadcrumb mixture and cook stirring often until golden, 5–6 minutes. Transfer breadcrumbs to bowl and season with salt.
- Cook kale: In the same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add garlic and ⅛ teaspoon of the crushed red pepper (or more or less, depending on heat preference), and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish gnocchi: Add gnocchi, lemon juice and zest, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add remaining Parmesan and toss to combine. Off the heat, add half of the remaining cooking water and stir until sauce is creamy (stir in more if necessary).
- Serve: Serve gnocchi with a dollop of ricotta and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Drizzle all over with olive oil.
Wheat (1), Milk (2), Soy (3). May contain traces of other allergens. Packaged in a facility that packages gluten containing products.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 850kcal, Fat 37.0g, Proteins 24.0g, Carbs 108.0g
Subscribe To Recive Free Book
Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes from our team.