Salted caramel is a favorite flavor for many. The taste of salty and sweet playing tricks on your palate is somehow pleasing. The first recorded person to pair sea salt with caramel was a French chocolatier by the name of Henri Le Roux in the 1970s. Since then, the combination has taken the food world by storm, and salted caramel drinks are no exception. Let this salted caramel frappe tingle your taste buds and satisfy your sweet tooth and salty cravings all in one sip!
Salted Caramel Frappe
- Espresso brewing device
- 2 ounces espresso chilled
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup ice
- 4 ounces milk
- 2 tablespoons homemade caramel sauce see ingredient tip or store-bought caramel
- sauce plus more for drizzling
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt preferably fine sea salt
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a blender, combine the espresso, ice cream, ice, milk, caramel sauce, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, as desired, and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
(see ingredient tip).