Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wrap Recipe with Mint, Sushi Rice, and Peanuts
Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wrap Recipe: Lettuce wraps are a healthy meal leaving you full without any of the heaviness! Inspired by the perfectly balanced flavors of Thai cuisine, the addictive sauce is sweet, salty, and tart, and coats tender medium shrimp.
Place the lightly sautéed shrimp on crisp lettuce leaves along with sticky sushi rice, chopped peanuts, and freshly torn mint for a light-as-air dinner that will have you on cloud 9.
Today’s quote is by Confucius. He was a Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher of the spring and autumn period of Chinese history. The philosophy of Confucius, also known as Confucianism, emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice, and sincerity.
Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wrap Recipe with Mint, Sushi Rice
- 5 oz sushi rice
- 3 oz shallot
- 1 Fresno chile
- 1 lime
- 1 oz cocktail peanuts 2
- 1 romaine heart
- 10 oz US Gulf shrimp 3
- 1 ⁄2 oz fish sauce 1
- 1 ⁄4 oz fresh mint
- coarse kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- neutral oil such as vegetable or safflower
- Cook rice: Place rice in a small saucepan with 1 cup water and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender, and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Cover to keep warm until step 5.
- Prep ingredients: Trim ends from shallot, then halve, peel and thinly slice. Thinly slice half of the Fresno chile, remove stem and seeds (save rest for own use). Juice lime. Roughly chop peanuts. Trim end from lettuce, separate leaves, keeping them whole. Pat shrimp dry, then cut each into thirds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make sauce: In a medium bowl, combine fish sauce, lime juice (about 2 tablespoons), 2 tablespoons warm water, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Sauté́ aromatics: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add shallots and the sliced chile (or less depending on heat preference) and sauté́ until shallots are softened and golden brown, about 3 minutes
- Cook shrimp: Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add sauce and continue to cook until sauce is slightly reduced, and shrimp are firm and cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Assemble & serve: Line shallow bowls with lettuce leaves. Spoon rice on top of lettuce, followed by shrimp. Top with chopped peanuts and torn mint leaves. Use lettuce leaves to scoop up filling, if desired, or eat with knife and fork. Enjoy!
Subscribe To Recive Free Book
Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes from our team.