Red Pepper and Shrimp Sauté with Couscous and Herb Vinaigrette
What are we cooking today Shrimp?
Tender red bell pepper strips, juicy shrimp, and fluffy couscous are the ideal line-up for a speedy meal. Here couscous gets dressed up with a punchy shallot and parsley vinaigrette that adds a little acidity, a little heat, and a ton of flavor to the finished dish. Cook, relax, and enjoy
This Recipe is from Marley Spoon a great home delivery services.
“When even one American – who has done nothing wrong – is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth – then all Americans are in peril.” – Harry S Truman
Serving Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Calories 678kcal, Fat 42.5g, Proteins 26.5g, Carbs 47.6g
Shellfish and Wheat. May contain traces of other allergens. Packaged in a facility that packages gluten containing products.
- Cook couscous: Bring ½ cup water and ½ teaspoon salt, to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Prep ingredients: Halve shrimp lengthwise. Transfer to a medium bowl. Pick parsley leaves and finely chop. Trim ends from shallot, then halve and peel; finely chop 1 half and thinly slice the other half lengthwise. Juice the lemon. Stem, seed, and thinly slice pepper.
- Marinate shallots: In a small bowl, combine chopped shallots with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon each salt and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook shrimp and peppers: Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high until shimmering. Add sliced shallots, peppers, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Cook until shallots are translucent and peppers soft, 4–5 minutes. Add shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil. Cook until shrimp is opaque, 1–2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish couscous: Stir parsley into the lemon-shallot mixture. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and stir to combine. Add a pinch crushed red pepper (or more or less depending on heat preference). Season with salt and pepper. Stir half the vinaigrette into the couscous.
- Serve: Divide the couscous between plates and top with red pepper and shrimp sauté. Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over the top. Enjoy!