Red Pepper and Shrimp Sauté with Couscous and Herb Vinaigrette
What are we cooking today Shrimp?
Tender red bell pepper strips, juicy shrimp, and fluffy couscous are the ideal line-up for a speedy meal. Here couscous gets dressed up with a punchy shallot and parsley vinaigrette that adds a little acidity, a little heat, and a ton of flavor to the finished dish. Cook, relax, and enjoy
This Recipe is from Marley Spoon a great home delivery services.
“When even one American – who has done nothing wrong – is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth – then all Americans are in peril.” – Harry S Truman
Serving Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Calories 678kcal, Fat 42.5g, Proteins 26.5g, Carbs 47.6g
Shellfish and Wheat. May contain traces of other allergens. Packaged in a facility that packages gluten containing products.
- Cook couscous: Bring ½ cup water and ½ teaspoon salt, to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Prep ingredients: Halve shrimp lengthwise. Transfer to a medium bowl. Pick parsley leaves and finely chop. Trim ends from shallot, then halve and peel; finely chop 1 half and thinly slice the other half lengthwise. Juice the lemon. Stem, seed, and thinly slice pepper.
- Marinate shallots: In a small bowl, combine chopped shallots with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon each salt and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook shrimp and peppers: Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high until shimmering. Add sliced shallots, peppers, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Cook until shallots are translucent and peppers soft, 4–5 minutes. Add shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil. Cook until shrimp is opaque, 1–2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish couscous: Stir parsley into the lemon-shallot mixture. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and stir to combine. Add a pinch crushed red pepper (or more or less depending on heat preference). Season with salt and pepper. Stir half the vinaigrette into the couscous.
- Serve: Divide the couscous between plates and top with red pepper and shrimp sauté. Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over the top. Enjoy!
Subscribe To Recive Free Book
Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes from our team.