In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and toss and you have a great snack. Or you can just buy some vinaigrette dressing and you have yourself a Marinated Mushrooms tasty snack.
- 8 ounces small fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups vinaigrette dressing homemade or store-bought
- Thoroughly wipe the mushrooms clean with a soft cloth.
- Place them in a saucepan, cover them with the dressing, and simmer over a medium low burner for 15 minutes.
- Chill and drain the mushrooms, saving the dressing to store any leftover mushrooms in. (You can even simmer another batch of mushrooms in it when the first batch is gone.) Arrange the mushrooms on lettuce with toothpicks for spearing.