We could probably all confess to, at least occasionally, skipping breakfast. But few serious coffee drinkers would dare skip their morning cup of coffee. Why not try a drink that could be breakfast and coffee all in one? Give your body the protein it needs to start your day well, while not giving up your routine caffeine intake. This iced coffee protein shake can be made with cold brew if you have it on hand or that leftover coffee from the previous morning you saved in the fridge just for this moment. Next time you’re tempted to skip breakfast, try this yummy drink instead!
Iced Coffee Protein Shake
- Cold brew maker or coffee brewing device
- 4 to 6 ounces cold brew or chilled coffee
- 4 ounces milk of choice
- 1 ⁄2 ripe banana
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 to 2 cups ice
- In a blender, combine the cold brew, milk, banana, and protein powder. Blend until smooth.
- A little at a time, add the ice and blend until the drink reaches your desired creaminess.
free choice is unsweetened almond milk.