Add some sweet Italian spice to your morning cup of joe and make a tasty Creamy Italian Coffee! This delicious coffee can be served both hot or cold for a tantalizing way to wake up in the morning.
How to make the perfect Creamy Italian Coffee
Put a cinnamon sticks and nutmeg into your brewed coffee. Once you are finished brewing coffee pour into your mug.
Now add milk into a microwave safe dish. Heat in a microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until steam begins to rise on the milk. Add half of the frothed milk to each mug. Add sugar if desired. Serve immediately
Regular Coffee vs. Espresso
What is the difference between regular coffee and espresso? For the most part it comes down to taste. Sometimes people say it’s all about the level of grind. You go to any Starbucks and you will see a bag of coffee beans or ground coffee labeled espresso. But it’s not the type of roast or the grind at all.
It’s the brewing process is what separates the two! Espresso is made by forcing steam into the ground coffee. Regular coffee is made by pouring water over ground beans in a filter. This process also gives its taste different. Because regular coffee is coarse, it tends to be very robust and bright. Where Espresso is considered very dark; the bean is very finely ground, almost like a powder, and extremely aromatic. So when it comes down to it, the difference between Regular Coffee and Espresso all comes down to how it’s brewed.
Creamy Italian Coffee
- Coffee brewing device
- 2 cinnamon sticks broken in half
- 1 whole nutmeg crushed
- 2 cups frothed milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute optional
- Put a cinnamon sticks and nutmeg into your brewed coffee.
- Once you are finished brewing coffee pour into your mug.
- Now add milk into a microwave safe dish.
- Heat in a microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until steam begins to rise on the milk.
- Add half of the frothed milk to each mug.
- Add sugar if desired. Serve immediately