If you’re looking for a unique and delicious way to start your day, then you need to try black pudding (blood sausage). This traditional British dish is made with pork blood and oatmeal, and it has a flavor that is unlike anything else. In this article, we will discuss the history of black pudding and show you how to make it at home. We’ll also share some recipes so that you can enjoy this dish year-round.
Black pudding is a dish that has been around for centuries. It was originally created by the Celts, and it was later adopted by the British. This sausage-like food is made with pork blood and oatmeal, and it has a rich and earthy flavor. Black pudding can be enjoyed on its own, or you can add it to your favorite recipes.
If you’re interested in making your own black pudding, here are a few recipes to get you started:
- Black Pudding with Apples and Bacon: This dish is made with bacon, apples, and black pudding. It’s a great way to enjoy the flavors of autumn.
- Pork and Black Pudding Stew: This stew is made with pork, black pudding, and root vegetables. It’s the perfect dish for a cold winter night.
- Black Pudding Frittata: This frittata is made with eggs, black pudding, and cheese. It’s a great way to use up any leftovers in your refrigerator.
Black pudding is a delicious treat that you won’t want to miss out on. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or an elaborate meal, there’s something here for everyone. We hope this article has given you some inspiration when it comes time to cook up your next batch of black pudding!
Black Pudding Recipe
Black Pudding (Blood Sausage)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage leaves
- 1 14 ounce can beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 8 ounces sliced bacon diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 3 quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground pork, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Add corn syrup and vinegar; mix well. Stir in water until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle with sage leaves. Add beef broth and red wine; mix together. Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle diced bacon on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until center is firm when pressed lightly. Cool in pan before slicing to serve warm or at room temperature, accompanied by a dollop of English mustard or your favorite chutney. Enjoy!
This black pudding recipe is adapted from one that I found on the BBC Good Food website. If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty dish to add to your next meal, then I highly recommend giving this black pudding recipe a try! Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Post Tags: Food, Cooking, Recipe