Potato salad is a staple at any BBQ and this creamy potato salad is a quick and delicious side. You can use red or yellow potatoes and low fat cream cheese and a couple of hard boiled eggs and you are all set.
Creamy Potato Salad
- small saucepan
- 2 1/2 lb. red new potatoes cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 stalks celery very thinly sliced
- 1 small bulb fennel quartered, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 hardboiled eggs cut into wedges
- Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold salted water. Cover pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add warm potatoes and toss to coat; cool to room temperature. Add celery, fennel, parsley, and tarragon. Toss to coat. Top with egg wedges just before serving.