Tortellini & Bean Salad Recipe with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
Tortellini & Bean Salad Recipe:
Tortellini & Bean Salad Recipe: A great trick to unlocking the flavor of tomatoes is broiling them and letting their natural sweetness shine! Meaty cannellini beans marinate in the garlicky tomato dressing.
Add warm tortellini and green beans and finish off with a scattering of shaved Parmesan. This quick and simple recipe will put you in the fast lane to dinnertime. Cook, relax, and enjoy!
Today’s quote is by Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī, Mevlânâ/Mawlānā, Mevlevî/Mawlawī, and more popularly simply as Rumi. He was a 13th-century Persian Sunni Muslim poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic originally from Greater Khorasan.
Tortellini & Bean Salad with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
- 8 oz green beans
- 8 oz plum tomatoes
- garlic use 1 clove
- 1 ⁄2 oz white wine vinegar
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 10 oz tortellini 1 2,3
- 3 ⁄4 oz Parmesan 3
- coarse kosher salt
- olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Prep ingredients: Preheat broiler with top rack 6-inches from the heat source. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Trim stem ends from green beans, then break or cut in half. Quarter tomatoes lengthwise. Peel and finely chop 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic.
- Broil vegetables: Place green beans on 1⁄2 of a rimmed baking sheet and tomatoes on the other 1⁄2. Drizzle all over with 1 tablespoon oil; season all over with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds pepper. Toss to coat. Broil until tomatoes and green beans are tender and browned in spots, about 6 minutes (watch closely).
- Make tomato vinaigrette: In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, vinegar, chopped garlic, 3 tablespoons oil, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds pepper; use a whisk to combine and break up tomatoes.
- Marinate beans: Drain and rinse cannellini beans and stir into vinaigrette. Let sit until step 6.
- Cook tortellini: Meanwhile, add tortellini to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Finish & serve: Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into strips. Add tortellini and green beans to large bowl with beans and dressing and gently toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve salad topped with shaved Parmesan and a few grinds black pepper. Enjoy!
Subscribe To Recive Free Book
Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes from our team.