Chicken Thighs Lemon Garlic recipe keto friendly
If you are looking for chicken thigh recipe ideas you have come to the right place. One of the best parts of a chicken is the skinless chicken thigh. The meat is tender, chalked full of flavor, and they are much easier to cook than other cuts of meat. For this recipe the chicken is lightly dusted with flour, then seared before adding fresh garlic, and lemon zest and juice to the mix. And the best part is it makes a luscious pan sauce. Lemon and garlic is the perfect combination for a flavorful but light chicken dinner.
3 How Long To Cook Chicken Tips:
- When you are trying to see if the chicken is done prick the thigh or breast and the juices should run clear with no pinkish coloring. If you are cooking a whole chicken tilt the bird up, so the juices from the cavity run out, should also show clear juices.
- To ensure doneness, check the temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. A thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh or breast should produce a temperature of 170°F.
- When a slit is cut into the thickest part of the chicken, it should show meat that is opaque in appearance.
Healthier Chicken Cooking Techniques:
- When browning chicken in a pan, make sure to use a nonstick skillet, this allows you not to use added fat for the cooking process. Also use a nonstick cooking spray to reduce the amount of fat used.
- Reduce added fat by seasoning chicken in marinades that are low-fat or fat-free. Ingredients like low-fat yogurt, juices, wine, herbs, and spices are the best to to season chicken without adding extra fat.
- One of the fattest parts of chicking is the skin. Removing the skin before eating chicken eliminates about two thirds of the fat content.
- When you are stewing chicken for soup, let broth cool and then discard fat that forms on top.
Lemon Garlic boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe keto friendly
- 2 large clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 3 oz baby spinach
- fresh parsley
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 oz basmati rice
- 1 ½ cup of chicken broth
- kosher salt & ground pepper
- olive oil
- all-purpose flour
- Prep ingredients: Finely grate 1⁄4 tsp of lemon zest, then squeeze 2 tsp lemon juice, keeping them separate. Peel and finely chop 1 large garlic clove. Coarsely chop baby kale. Pick 1 tsp whole parsley leaves from stems, and reserve for step 6. Finely chop remaining parsley leaves and stems.
- Cook rice: Rinse rice in a mesh sieve until water runs clear. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add rice, cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add 1 1⁄4 cups water and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low until rice is done, about 17 minutes. Add spinach and chopped parsley to saucepan. Remove from heat and cover.
- Season chicken: Pat chicken dry, then season all over with 1 tablespoon flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds pepper.
- Brown chicken: Heat 1 1⁄2 tsp of oil in a large skillet over high. Transfer chicken to skillet, then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 3–4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Making the sauce: Add lemon zest, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Cook until fragrant. Whisk in lemon juice, and 1 ½ cup of chicken broth. Return chicken thighs and juices to skillet. Bring liquid to a boil, then cover. Reduce heat to medium; braise until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Finish sauce & serve: Bring liquid in skillet back to a boil, then sprinkle in 1 teaspoon flour, whisking constantly. Cook until sauce is thick 1–2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, turning to coat in sauce. Stir baby kale and parsley into rice. Garnish with remaining whole parsley.
Subscribe To Recive Free Book
Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes from our team.